June

It's June. The days are warmer, the nights are longer and our anniversary is right around the corner. It's the first time in our almost 7 year marriage, that we

have absolutely nothing planned and we are thrilled! Nothing. We want to do nothing. We want to sleep, watch movies, read books, picnic with our children and perhaps sleep some more. Why this lack-luster plan for this day to celebrate? Because our sweet marriage has gotten beautifully simple. We laugh more, we love unconditionally and fiercely, we forgive quickly and we talk. Oh we talk. Everyday with my husband, best friend and now my co-worker, is a celebration of June 10, 2006. Every night we lay down exhausted, remembering all the things we forgot to do, all the insane conversations we had with children, all the chores that got done, errands that were run, and eyes that were rolled in our general direction. There is not a single person on this entire planet that I could do this job with besides my love, and he knows that. I also know he needs me. We don't have a new job, we have a new life. This isn't a 9-5er with vacation and weekends. It's a new way of living, thinking, learning, praying. It's waking up different everyday due to the lessons we
learned the day before. People ask us about all we "gave up" to take this "job". We gave up lots, we gave up our selfish desires for material possessions. We gave up our goals and plans, we gave up our worries about tomorrow, we gave up our questions about our purpose. Our lives are changed, this is not a job. This is not a choice, it is the one and only thing we were made to do on this amazing earth and we are so incredibly blessed to get to do it together. From 6am-11pm, we run. Then we crash in bed, laugh about the craziness, go to sleep and do it again. This June, I thank God that he blessed me with a husband that I love enough to live with, work with, fight with, make up with and snuggle with and never for one second, do I wish it was anyone else. Thank you, God. You knew what you were doing June 10, 2006. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!