Training Troubles

The last post weaves a tail of success and triumph when I ran 30 minutes straight and felt like a new person and there was joy. Then... the next day happened. My knees are sooo sore. Not just muscle sore, like bone, joint, muscle, tendons, blood cells sore.  I took a day off and tried to run the next day and shooting pain went up both of my legs as soon as I moved from walking to running. So I went swimming instead and tried to build up some muscle and stretch out my knees, but even after taking it easy the next 2 days, my knees still hurt! I feel old.
So, I talked to my trainer, Bethany Janell, and she told me to take a week off running and do biking and swimming instead. That I shall do. Hopefully that will help my knees get back to running strength and I can continue my training!
In other news, Devan is going to be 2 months old tomorrow. I don't understand how that happened. It really, truly seems like yesterday he was born and now he is such a vital part of our family. He has brought so much joy to our little family in 8 weeks of life and I am so incredibly blessed to be his mom.
Bailey and Caden are doing well. Bailey's hair is growing out from the "cutting her own hair" trauma of October 2011. Caden is learning how to be a gentleman and is enjoying all of the attention he gets when he holds doors open for ladies. :)
Jason is doing great, he's also training for the 1/2 marathon and is doing amazingly well. His body is holding up better than mine, but he reminds me that I did just have a baby, so that helps me keep things in perspective.
Life is beautiful. I am blessed. Love you all!


Comments

  1. I hope you will be getting better sooner the a week.I love the picture with the kids love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!