Training Days 3 & 4

Well, training day 3 wasn't supposed to be a training day. It was technically our day off for re-cooping, but I had had a really hard day with the kiddos, so when Jase got home I strapped on my running shoes and sprinted for the door. It was exhilarating! I took all the frustration from the day, all the stress and pent up craziness and RAN! I felt so good and my mind raced with all the things that have worried me lately or things that have just made me sad and I ran them out. I flew around the neighborhood and then when all the frustrations were out, I slowed down and then puttered to a stop. Oh it felt great. My lungs were burning, the air was cold, but I was hot and it felt good. I walked back to the house for a total run of 2.5 miles in around 30 minutes. 
Then, then next day was Saturday. Saturday is our "big run" day. We had to run LaFortune Park which is 3 miles. We went to the park and Jason took the kids to the playground and I took off. I was feeling good, not too sore from the night before, but then I realized I had taken a wrong turn and was in the tennis courts. So I turned around and took off again, a good pace, breathing well then I realized I was in the parking lot. This ridiculous course needs signs! So, once more, I turn around and with a little less gusto, I start running again. I was able to run two songs on my ipod and walk a song, I did that for three miles. There's a song by MercyMe called Move and I listened to that several times while running because the beat is great and the lyrics are perfect for a tired runner! I made it around LaFortune in 42 minutes and then sat against a tree and stretched out while watching the kiddos and Jason took off. It was a great day and there was an amazing feeling of accomplishment. I still have SO much work ahead of me, but seeing that I can actually do these things is such a great feeling.

Comments

  1. Sounds great! I've always heard that running is great stress relief! Glad you're doing so well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!