Training Day 5

Ow.
Just ow.
Tonight we went to the gym and we got back on those ridiculous treadmills. This time though, there was something different. We had music. I brought my Ipod and listened to my "Happy Day" playlist and was pleasantly surprised at how much listening to music I enjoyed helped the time go. I also did some drumming and headbanging along to my favorite tunes which made Jason laugh at me (and my awesomeness) but it also brought a level of fun to working out that I had NEVER experienced before. So, I did reach a major milestone for me. A goal I had for myself. I ran 30 minutes straight, no rests, no walks, just running. It was exhilerating when I discovered that I had finished.
After running, I changed into my swimsuit and hit the pool to swim laps with Julia who had already been swimming laps while I was running. By the time I got down there I was so exhausted, so we took it easy and still did laps, just slow ones. We did that for 40 minutes, then hit the hot tub followed by the sauna. It was a nice way to end the crazy workout.
I got home around 11 and realized we hadn't eaten dinner because Jason and I didn't want to eat and then run, so we just fed the kids before heading to the gym. So, I walked in the house wanting to eat everything edible that I could find, but Jason and I decided on turkey burgers and broccoli. I'm still hungry...
So, now I'm off to love on my littlest one and do some serious stretching (and maybe get a snack.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!