Training Day 2

Well, after the horrors of training day 1, I decided I'd do some cross training and swim laps for training day 2. My friend, Julia, is my swim partner and we hit the gym looking stylish in our swimsuits from 1999. We rinsed off and got in the pool and then it hit me. I've never swam laps (swam laps? Swum laps? Swimmed laps?). I can swim, I've never drowned, but I've never really had to swim for speed and efficiency. So we decide to do some different strokes to see which gave us the best work out. We did the froggie kick, the T and the apple picking. The froggie is by far the hardest to do for long amounts of time. We did 30 minutes of various laps and I was tired at the end but felt really good. Then we decided to hit the hot tub before heading home. Climbing out of the pool was the hard part, all of a sudden I was heavier and my sore legs hurt and my arms started to ache. I was shocked at how hard swimming laps was and how it really works your whole body, even my neck was sore! We got in the hot tub and relaxed and then got out to get towels. I then learned another lesson... Bring Water! I always bring water when I run, but I didn't think about needing water after swimming! I was soooo dizzy, walking in a straight line was a challenge. We weaved our way to the dressing room and got dressed and crawled to the car. Upon arriving at home I chugged 1/2 a gallon of water and felt much better.
Swimming looks easy, people do it all over the world, but swimming laps is tough! But I felt good and love that I found an exercise where I don't leave covered in sweat AND there's a hot tub involved!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!