Training Day 1

Yesterday's work out was no bueno. Jason and I decided we would go to the gym, so we dropped off the kids at the Clarks and headed to the gym with a mixture of dread and excitement. I looked killer in my new work out duds, but I knew that a cute pink top and pretty blue shoes weren't going to make this any easier. We got on the treadmill and instantly the memories came flooding back. I despise treadmills, their sound, their tiny screens with numbers ticking away, the smell of defeat, it wasn't pretty. I picked a 5k program and started running. It started slow and I was doing fine. It sped up a smidge and I kept up without much of a problem. Then... bam! It just took off jumping from level 3.0 to level 6.0 without warning and all of a sudden I felt like I was in the treadmill rodeo just trying to hang on for 8 seconds! My feet flew faster than I knew they could and I huffed and puffed trying to keep from tripping and slamming into the mirror behind me at 60 miles per hour. I ran as hard a I could and quickly reached a mile. Then, just like that, my body quit. My legs were on fire and started shaking. My lungs ached and I started this very non-feminine dog panting in August sound. Sweat stung my eyes and I did what I said I wouldn't do. I pushed stop. The evil treadmill slows down and my spirits came tumbling down too. I was such a whimp! So I took a break and stretched so my legs would quit shaking and my heart would stop pounding and got back on. I ran and walked the next 2 miles and slowly dragged myself from the treadmill once we reached 3 miles. Jason dragged his aching, crabby wife to the stretching area and we stretched while talking and grunting in pain. Jason had done incredibly on the treadmill... We don't need to talk about that. :) So, my first work out wasn't impressive or encouraging, but it is over and that's huge. Going again tonight!

Comments

  1. i'm so impressed that you are doing a half marathon. i also hate treadmills. they are from the devil. but you did it and you're going again tonight, so that's pretty great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!