Half Marathon Mama

Well... This non-runner, lover of butter is running a half marathon. The entire Clark family is running the Oklahoma City half marathon on April 29th. That's 13.1 miles. I don't even like driving 13.1 miles! This could get ugly.
Speaking of ugly, I went shopping for running clothes. I know when you look at me you think, "That's one athletic looking athlete" but in all reality, I need assistance from good shoes and athletic apparel to be successful. So after some advice from my in-laws, I headed to Target to see what I could find. Well, if you ever feel confident and a little too good about yourself... Go shopping for athletic apparel. Most of the things that were my size looked like they would fit my 4 year old. Everything is tight and stretchy... Everything. Another odd thing is that a tiny piece of neon elastic is crazy expensive! I'm hoping the shirt I bought for way too much has gold thread in the hem or perhaps the zipper is platinum. I don't get it.
So, now I have no excuse. I have the shoes, I have the clothes, I have the plan and I have the goal. Tomorrow is my first day of training. This could be the start of something amazing or this could be my last blog post if I die tomorrow after puffing through 3 miles... We shall see!

Comments

  1. Good luck Clarks. I hope you do well Christa. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!