Life is Beautiful.

Oh, life is so beautiful. Having an amazing husband that adores me and still finds me beautiful and three adorable, healthy children is a blessing that I do not take for granted. Life has changed drastically in the last 3 weeks. A "full nights sleep" is now about 6 hours. Getting out the door in "record time" now takes about and hour and a half.  Taking time to "look nice" now means brushing my teeth and wearing contacts instead of my glasses. Oh yes, things are different, but I adore this new chapter.

Bailey and Caden have done well with the new little one in the house. Caden has some trouble getting used to the idea and had some jealousy issue, but things are looking up and Caden even told me "I love Devan" just out of the blue. It made me tear up. It's been a rough 3 weeks for poor Caden, but he's a trooper and is really starting to get interested in Devan and wants to help him out, which I adore.

 Another beautiful part of my life is that I get to travel to Montana in 2 1/2 weeks to see my amazing family. I have seen my dad 3 times this year, I have seen my mom once, I have seen Bethany twice and Andrew, Emily, Grace and David I haven't seen at all in 2011. It makes my heart sad that I don't get so see them more often, but it makes times when I do get to see them so much more exciting! It's something that we count down to, treasure every minute and really make an effort to enjoy the time we have together.
The amazing thing about this trip is we needed to save over $800 for gas and food for the 22 hour trip up and back and this year has been really tight financially. We were able to save a little bit, but not nearly as much as we needed and our trip was only 3 weeks away! We were still $700 short! Then... Saturday happened. Our small business, Broken Made Beautiful, had a show which was our most successful show ever. I walked away with $400! To compare, the show before this one, I made $61. So, I was in awe at God's grace with this show. Then I came home and checked the mail and received $175 in checks from family for Christmas and the new baby! Then we went to meet up with a couple to give them the engagement pictures we had taken earlier. We weren't planning on charging them, but they insisted on paying us and gave us $200! So, in one day we went from having $150 saved up to having more than we needed to make the trip! God is so good!

So, now my to-do list is long (just how I like it), Christmas is approaching, my baby is here and healthy and I am overwhelmed by God's faithfulness and generosity in our lives. I look forward to the next couple weeks with more anticipation then ever and I am reminded again, life is beautiful.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!I hope you have a good time with your family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!