Bailey at Four

Bailey is adorable. She's funny and sweet and makes life fun. She is now four, and for some reason, the last 3 months, that adorable, sweet girl has lost all self control. She knows that she shouldn't do things. She's bright. But she just can't tell herself no. In the last 3 months she has...
1. Smeared toothpaste all over her walls and herself.
2. Drawn all over her brother and room with a marker.
3. Painted Dana's futon and Caden with fingernail polish.
4. Snuck scissors into her bed and cut her hair off, cut up her new swing and new blinds.
5. Poured Gold Bond all over the master bathroom including on the toilet paper...
6. Hid a tube of my acrylic paint under her bed until nap time when she smeared it all over her freshly painted walls, new bed set and herself.
7. Wrote all over her bed, walls, floor with chalk.

So, I know it sounds like I just sit around and let her run around unsupervised to be able to pull all this off, but she's so fast! We'll spend the entire morning together, playing, eating... then I got to the bathroom and come out to a disaster or she'll do it after I put her in her bed for nap time or bedtime. I'll ask her if what she did was a good or bad decision, she replies "bad decision." I asked her what happens when she makes bad decisions, she replies, "I get punished." Then she gets punished and the next day she's done something else she knows is wrong! I think if this were happening when I wasn't 9 months pregnant, I would handle it better. But I'm 9 months pregnant, therefore, I'm about to send her to Pre-Boarding school... Are there boarding schools that take 4 year olds? A place with lots and lots of video cameras and locks on all the bathrooms!
Sigh.
Someday she'll be grown and gone and I'll treasure these memories... someday.

Comments

  1. I think once you are feeling back to your old self, then so will she. Oh, and remember, pre-schoolers are notorious for testing the waters. And for making messes. So, she seems to be right on task.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!