Craziness

I am used to chaos. I like the chaos of having two toddlers a year apart, I love the bustle of Sunday mornings and the craziness that ensues every evening at the kid's bedtime. I love having multiple car seats in my mom-mobile minivan and the chaos that comes from celebrating any holiday, packing for any trip or preparing for any special event. I'll take a day full of errands over a relaxing day at home any day. I like chaos.
But I do believe I'm getting old. This morning we ran outside from our van to church in pouring down rain, blinding wind and 40 degree weather. I thought, "this is not my kind of craziness". Then I went to church and spent the morning dry heaving into trash cans while watching 12 3-year-olds in nursery and barely made it back to the car without losing the bagel I had for breakfast (to prevent morning sickness which obviously failed miserably!) Jason saw how sick I was and we went to the mall to get Preggie Pops from the Motherhood store there (they are all natural morning sickness drops which are pretty effective). When we got there we ran out in the rain and wind to find that the mall was still closed... we waited 30 minutes and then went inside. After purchasing our preggie pops, we met Chuck and Dana at Taco Bueno for lunch and Caden was in a terrible mood and I was still trying not to lose everything I was eating. I came home for a nap and now I am watching the Royal Wedding we DVR'd and watching the kids play with cars on the coffee table. I think I need a craziness break. I need peace and quiet, rest and relaxation, a time out. Being sick for 6 weeks straight takes a lot out of person and I know I will be myself again soon, but for now... I am calling a brief recess from my chaos. Thankfully I have an incredible husband who is always ready to jump in and make sure I'm taken care of. He's currently making me potato soup! I love him.
So that is my current state, a complete change of personality for a few short weeks while my body does it's best to make a good home for my growing little Baby D. I know it will all be worth it and posts like this will become a distant memory when I am holding my little one in November, but it's memories like this that will make that day all the sweeter.

Comments

  1. I am experiencing quite a bit of chaos lately, but I AM old, so am not handling it like I used to. I want the chaos to go away and leave me alone for awhile, too. I want to sit on the couch with my Mr. and not have to think about anything for awhile. Not sure it's going to happen. I have to go yell at DK for a bit. maybe I won't yell, maybe I'll just talk calmly. That always seems to work!

    Thanks for letting me vent! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!