Sickies

Yesterday, I woke up feeling pretty puny. My head was very congested and throat was hurting and I had that annoying itching deep in my ear. That itch is enough to make a perfectly sane woman cram a spaghetti spoon into her ear canal and try and make the itching stop! Well, anyway, that's what I was dealing with, but I made it through the day because Jason promised me a date night and when date night is on the line, I could lose a limb and still keep smiling!
So, we made it through yesterday and all was well. Then we woke up this morning and little Caden has a cough and Bailey is really congested. I guess we really know how to share in this family! So, after a breakfast and lunch when no one really ate much, we decided it was time to cuddle up and watch old shows. We watched some old Inspector Gadget cartoons which the kids loved and now we've moved on to Fraggle Rock. Jason loved Fraggle Rock as a kid, so it's fun watching my children enjoy it so much. My kids are also experiencing something new today, warm liquids. I gave them each a cup of hot coco and they looked at me like I was crazy. It was then that I realized they haven't had anything warm to drink since milk as an infant. They finally trusted me enough to give it a try and now they have a new favorite cold day drink!
Speaking of cold days, snow is in the forecast for tomorrow. I'm really excited by this. We had a little snow a couple weeks ago, but it was pretty disappointing, so now we have another chance at having a good snow this year. We're forecasted to get about 4 inches, which would be fine with me! I've got chili in the crockpot, so we are all ready for a snow day tomorrow! Here's hoping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!