Cranky Christa

I was cranky. I do that every once in a while. But long ago I learned a song based on a verse and it's helped me lots of time turn my little pity parties around. So, here it is. I just sing the song and think about each individual line and find an example of that truth in my life.

Whatever is true. It is true that I am the daughter of a King and am promised eternal life because of the ultimate gift of His Son.
Whatever is noble. My husband is noble. He puts my needs over his own everyday. He is chivalrous, kind, generous and treats me like a queen (even when I'm cranky.)
Whatever is right. It is right that I am where I am. God put me here and here I intend on staying. There are amazing things for me here, I just have to put forth the effort to find them. God knows what He's doing, He's right, I trust Him.
Whatever is pure. While my children are not perfect, I can see the purity of their spirits in how they see the world. It is both an honor and a highlight of my life. Watching them discover fall colors in the leaves, dogs digging or ticklish spots on mommy are all wondrous and so exciting in their eyes!
Whatever is lovely. My life is lovely. My wonderful husband, my two lovely children, my cute little house on 21st st, my brown dog that adores me and a relationship with the God of the Universe.
Whatever is admirable. Surviving last year was admirable. I could not have made it without my family, friends and God giving me the strength I needed. Being a mom to two toddlers, being a full-time student, starting a job, leaving a job and work on two small businesses in one year is a lot. I am not admirable, but with God I can do things that are.
If anything is excellent. God's promise for my future is excellent. God knows His plan for me and they're full of hope and I'm thrilled by this.He's not going to give me anything I can't handle, that's also reassuring.
If anything is praise worthy. God is praise worthy, so I will praise Him. I will praise Him everyday.

So, with all that said, my crankiness goes away and so starts my humble return to grateful adoration of the God of the Universe for all of His abundant blessings. That's how it always goes. :)

Comments

  1. Great idea! Glad you've got a tool to get you through those cranky, err, hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Isn't it amazing when we get our minds off of our pain and onto the blessings...the ache goes away...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!