Changes

I have lots of hopes for 2011. 2010 was a hard year, a good year, but hard. So many plans for 2011 and we're starting with some simple changes. The first change was to finally sit down and do family hair cut night. Poor Jason hasn't had a hair cut in months, Caden had a hair cut a couple months ago, but I did it in a rush and missed some serious spots and Miss Bailey's hair was growing fine, but her little eyes were covered with bangs. It drove me crazy! So, now I'm working on just doing what needs to be done. Stop whining, stop rolling my eyes, just do it. So, last Sunday we pulled back the rug and I set up shop. An hour later I had 3 great looking cuties with 3 new looks!
BEFORE (I just took her hair down from a pony tail... it doesn't usually look like that)
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
Yes, I was proud of my little family. They all look so nice!

Other things that I have worked on is getting organized. Since January 1st we have cleared out our kitchen cabinets, reorganized the tupperware cabinet and silverware drawer and rearranged Caden's room so he can't trash it as easily. It's been a tough couple weeks, but it's so great when things get done. Going to bed after a day of productivity is such a good feeling!

Another thing that I am working on is giving the children responsibilities. I spent last year cleaning up toys from the living room every night, picking up shoes, clothes, books from all over the house. It hit me. This year... they can clean up their mess. Not all of them, I don't expect that, but they will be in charge of cleaning. Bailey is now capable of completely cleaning her room by herself and now Caden is learning where things go and he can take things from the living room and put them in his room. I've only been working on this for a couple days, but it seems to be going well!

So, 2011 is looking good. Lots of hopes for new better habits that will make my sweet life just a wee bit sweeter. I love it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!