Christmas is Coming!

Well, I am ready. I am beyond ready. Well, I guess I'm more emotionally and mentally ready then I am really ready because I still have 3 1/2 gifts to finish, but I know I'll get them done in time. I'm very, very excited.
I love Christmas, I love celebrating the birth of my Savior while spending time with family and enjoying beautiful music and walking through Christmas light displays and sipping coco. I live for this time of year, this is when I really thrive, I wake up excited about what I need to get done and go to bed exhausted, yet thrilled by the accomplishments of the day. I love it.
Bailey knows that something very exciting is happening, I don't think she remembers Christmas, but she knows that it's Christmas time and there are Christmas presents and she loves listening to Christmas music (even though she won't believe me that the song we're listening to is Christmas music unless there are bells or chimes of some sort...) I can't wait. I love telling her all about the first Christmas and she has new words in her vocabulary including "stable" and "manger".
Caden is so good. He is drawn to the Christmas tree like a moth to a flame, but he doesn't touch. He knows better. He also knows not to touch the presents, but he gets really, really excited while staring at his stocking with a small stuffed football sticking out of the top.
Jason is also ready for Christmas, he has some good gifts coming, most of which he knows about but one that is still a surprise. Tonight he bought me a gift, I have no idea what it is and typically, I figure it out about 30 minutes after he purchases it through asking trick questions or peeking when I'm not supposed to!
I am ready. We have Christmas with the Castles and Keenas (via Skype) on Thursday night, then we're going to spend the night at the Clarks and have Christmas Eve morning with Jessica and Justin, then Christmas Eve night with Chuck's side of the family. Then Christmas morning we will have a small celebration here, then spend the day relaxing with the Clarks. I am ready. I have nothing but exciting bubbling inside and I am so blessed to have such an incredible family to celebrate the birth of our King with.
Merry Christmas.
Christa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!