These are a few of my favorite things...

1. I love the fact that my children don't have any idea that I control the windows in the car. They just yell at the windows to open or close, and giggle when the windows "obey".

2. I love Peppermint Mocha creamer. It makes my morning coffee so festive!3. I love that whenever you ask Caden something, he says no. But not like, disrespectful, stubborn "no". Like, "I-really-do-want-that-but-don't-know-how-to-verbalize-it" no. He'll smile really big when you ask him if he wants juice, then he'll look up bashfully and say "noooooo."

4. I love my to-do list for graduation. I printed it off in September and it had 10 things on the list including classes, seminars, CPR certification and Clep tests. And quite ceremoniously, 6 times, my husband has made a drum-roll sound while I marked off one of the things that I just finished. I love how excited he is for to graduate. I think he misses his wife. :)5. I love how when you ask Bailey if she needs to go pee pee and she doesn't, she says, "No, I fine" Like she's 12 or something...

6. I love that our house is clean and we've kept it clean for almost a week. This doesn't sound like a big deal, but with 2 toddlers who love to pull everything from their rooms into the living room, it is quite a feat! We were determined to keep it clean through the Holidays (and hopefully get into the habit) and I think we're doing swell! The dishes are always done, the trash is always out and I can enjoy sweet moments in the morning (like right now) without stressing about cleaning!

7. I love the "Mulled Cider" candles from Wal-Mart. They are a soft, cinnamon apple scent that is perfect for Christmas, but not overly Christmas like Peppermint Pine or something that Jason would detest. They smell great, are super cheap and keep my home smelling cozy!

8. I love my husband. Lately, I am reminded of how much he does to provide for our family and how much he adores us all. I really appreciate how when he knows that I'm stressed (usually about school), he takes over, gets the kids where they need to be, helps with the chores and makes sure that I have what I need to get my school work done. It's been a crazy year and a half, I knew it would be, but I can honestly say, when I graduate, we are BOTH graduating. It is something I never could have done on my own! No one else could ever make me laugh the way he does, make me realize how blessed I am every single day, and if I could do it all over again, I totally would.9. I love my "Mountain Arts Potter" mug. I got two at dad's church and even with a cupboard full of mugs, I am usually sipping coffee out of one of the mugs and washing the other one for the next day. They remind me of a perfect Christmas and an amazing family.
10. And speaking of amazing families, the last of my favorite things, is my incredible family that I get to see in 6 days. I started a count down on my Facebook when there were 114 days left. But if you actually do the math, I have not seen them in 323 days. That is entirely too long. I am so ready to hug my parents, beat up my siblings and relax for 5 days with the best family anyone could ever ask for. I'm not just a little bit excited, it's what I think about when I am trying to fall asleep at night and it's the first thing I think of in the morning. I'm constantly planning, working on to-do lists, making sure that we are ready for when they arrive because I have never gone 323 days without seeing my parents and I never, ever plan on doing it again.


Comments

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!