Yick...

Yesterday's schedule:
5:15- up and in the shower
5:30- little boy that I'm babysitting arrives (his name is Gavin and he has special needs, very cute!)
6:00- make homemade oatmeal pancakes for breakfast
6:45- go on a walk with Gavin while Jason stays home with sleeping children
7:30- return from walk, kiss Jason goodbye and he's off to work.
8:00- lay down for a rest and Gavin takes a nap
10:00- kids get up, breakfast in full swing, Gavin up and crawling around on the floor.
11:30- Jason home for lunch, made homemade chicken and vegetable soup.
12:15- Jason leaves, playtime with 3 children
1:30- Naptime for kids
2:00- start making 6 loaves of homemade whole wheat and oatmeal bread.
2:15- realize my kitchenaide is too small for so much rising dough, but I press on!
4:00- start making homemade lasagna for dinner while bread rises for the second time.
5:30- Jason walks in the door with 21 seconds left on the timer, perfect! Enjoy an incredible meal with my hubby.
6:00- leave for softball game.
6:30- Jason's first game of the night starts (we lost)
7:30- Jason's second game of the night starts (another loss, but in good spirits)
8:15- return home, put kids down, relax.
9:30- go to bed.

Lovely day... long but perfect day.

THEN... TODAY HAPPENED.

5:15- up and shower after 0 hours of sleep last night.
5:30- Gavin arrives
6:00- hang out with hubby before work.
7:30- kiss hubby, he leaves for work.
9:00- hubby returns from work... laid off.
9:01- try to hold it together and not cry, back to square one... again.
10:00- kids get up, Jason tries to spend quality time with them and takes Bailey in the back to swing.
10:15- Bailey falls off swing and cries for a long, long time, I try not to cry.
11:00- Caden rolls off chair and cries for a long, long time, I try not to cry.
11:05- mom calls to ask if I'm ok, I try not to cry.
1:00- I spend hours looking online for jobs while Jason files for unemployment... a miserable process.
2:00- try to leave to run some errands, lost the keys.
2:45- find the keys, but lost the keys to the other car that has the carseats in it, but no gas.
3:30- find the keys and leave, friend calls to tell us the car we sold her keeps stalling, I try not to cry.
4:00- almost run out of gas driving to get Jason's check, barely make it to gas station and realize they don't take cash. Run into Sam's to get giftcard to pay for gas.
4:15- pick up Jason's last check, realize I forgot Caden's bottle and he's screaming in the back seat.
4:30- cash check, quick grocery shopping run, then back in car and drive home with screaming Caden.
5:15- walk in door and Caden pulls my nice pitcher from Jason's great Aunt off the counter as I'm walking by holding him spilling our last pitcher of grape juice all over the floor, shattering the pitcher...
5:16- I cry.

Comments

  1. What a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! So thankful His mercies are new every morning! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!