A day of doing what I don't want to do

Today was full of things that were on my to-do list, but I wasn't excited about them being there.

1. We closed on our house. We officially bought our house from Chuck and Dana (who bought it for us back in May because Jason didn't have enough work history). That meant we got to sit in a hot room with 2 wiggling children and sign a bagillion papers, but the good news is... we own our home!

2. I did laundry, we're not talking just a little laundry to get caught up, we're talking load after load after miserable load. Folding clothes that don't even fit my children anymore, finding clothes I had given up on ever finding again, remembering things we did months ago by smudges of paint or splashes of mud found on particular pieces of clothing. It was good, it needed to be done, but I didn't want to do it.

3. We filed our taxes today. A ridiculously complicated process I might add, even with Turbo Tax guiding me along every step of the way. We're going to get a pretty penny back, though, which is good, but I still wanted to punt the computer across the lawn most of the evening.

4. I cleaned crosses. We're still making crosses for our up coming craft shows and the last, least fun part is cleaning the stain off the glass pieces and shining them up. It involves fingernail polish remover, kleenexs and about 560 q-tips. My fingers are dry from touching acetone for too long, but we got quite a few done, which is good.


So, for a day full of things I didn't want to do, I'm sure glad I did all those things. Because of them; we own our home, we have a way to make extra money with increased inventory, we're getting over $14,000 back from the US government AND I have clean underwear.

Miserable... yet productive.

Go Monday.
Go Me.

Comments

  1. you got some cute kids there girl..i realize that has nothing to do with this post...but the previous post is just so distracting. cute, cute kids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!