My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

So, as many of you know, we bought a house in May of 2008 that was quite a fixer-upper. It was a foreclosure that had been empty for 2 years! We have spent the last 8 months scrubbing, painting and getting the inside just the way we want it. We have bold colors on the walls, family pictures everywhere, new wood floors down and pretty lighting fixtures that really lighten up the place. But, the thorn in my side has been the outside. Due to the fact that it was empty for so long, the trim went from hunter green, to hideous turquoise. The main color used to be a yellowish cream and now looks more like a very light pink. (yick!) Well, all that changed this weekend when my wonderful in-laws came over and helped us paint.








The BEFORE: (boo!)The AFTER: (hooray!)

Thank you so, so much to the Clarks and to Jason for working so hard to make our house look so wonderful. It truly feels like our home now.

Comments

  1. Those in-laws are fabuloso! The house looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, this is strange... Christa, what's your address? Your house looks exactly like my friend's house. She lives in Broken Arrow. They lived in their house since about 1995. Are you on a cul-de-sac? They were... surely you didn't buy their house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, don't post your address... I don't think it's theirs. I think they had a window next to their door. And, I don't think they went into foreclosure! I'd feel really bad if they did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

What Fun!