What a Holly Jolly Christmas!

Oh my, what a day. I don't think I've had such a wonderfully perfect day in quite some time. It started out with a steaming hot shower while the kids were in bed, singing carols quietly as not to wake my husband. Then getting the kids up and in their Christmas jammies, then starting to make breakfast (eggs, bacon and biscuits), then the family came. Chuck, Dana, Grandma, Grandpa, Justin, Jessica and Hunter all bustled in from the cold and into my living warm, all toasty from the fireplace and smelling of cinnamon candles and freshly brewed java. We ate breakfast and then sat down to divy up the mountain of presents under the tree. It was such a great time, the focus wasn't the presents, it was the people. There was never a dull moment, it never got quiet, laughter was common and smiles were constant. It was beautiful. There were no harsh words, no sarcastic jabs, nothing. Just a family celebrating the birth of their Savior. What could be more beautiful? Here are some pictures from this morning's festivities. I will also post another one about last night's Christmas Eve festivities as well as "Christmas with the Castles."


Bailey was so adoreable in her little Christmas pj's (thank you Granny and Grandpa). She was such a trooper all morning and got really good at ripping into the presents.
Chuck and Dana were so much fun. Chuck gave Dana a pink laptop (yes, I'm totally jealous) and Chuck got some pretty cool stuff from Dana.
Jason demonstrating the fine art of opening presents to Bailey.Bailey and Hunter bonding over their new found love of Christmas.
We got a vaccuum, it was number one on consumer reports so hopefully my vaccuum will pick up more then I do with my fingers, like my current one...

And then tonight Chuck and Dana came over and we watched "Get Smart" my present from Jason. It was great, Bailey played peek-a-boo and Chuck put in our new ceramic logs so our fireplace doesn't look so pitiful.

It was beautiful!

Comments

  1. I love seeing the photos of all the festivities. Those jammies of Bay's are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

My Extreme Makeover Home Edition

What Fun!